This website will display the millions of books available to order from us online.
It does not necessarily represent the current inventory at our physical store.
If you'd like to know if a particular title is on hand at our store, please call us. Thank you!
How to Train Your Dragon: How to Speak Dragonese (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 3 in the How to Train Your Dragon series.
- #1: How to Train Your Dragon (Paperback): $8.99
- #2: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Be a Pirate (Paperback): $8.99
- #4: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse (Paperback): $8.99
- #5: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Twist a Dragon's Tale (Paperback): $8.99
- #6: How to Train Your Dragon: A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons (Paperback): $8.99
- #7: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Ride a Dragon's Storm (Paperback): $8.99
- #8: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Break a Dragon's Heart (Paperback): $8.99
- #9: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Steal a Dragon's Sword (Paperback): $8.99
- #10: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel (Paperback): $8.99
- #11: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Betray a Dragon's Hero (Paperback): $8.99
- #12: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Fight a Dragon's Fury (Paperback): $8.99
Don't miss a moment of the How to Train Your Dragon series, the bestselling, funny, action-packed books that inspired the hit movies!
The story begins when Hiccup, his friend Fishlegs, and his cranky dragon Toothless get separated from their class during Boarding-an-Enemy-Ship practice. They accidentally board a prowling Roman galley intent on provoking war. When they rescue a tiny nanodragon, they uncover a plot to steal every dragon on the Isle of Berk!
This is just the start to an epic adventure that will have kids laughing from start to finish, and shines with Cressida Cowell's trademark blend of action, humor, heart, and engaging illustrations.
About the Author
Cressida Cowell is the good-friend and confidante of Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, Viking warrior and hero of The Heroic Misadventures. When she is not visiting with Hiccup to document his latest memoir, she lives in the UK. She is also the author of The Rabbit Belongs to Emily Brown, What Shall We Do With the Boo Hoo Baby? and numerous other picture books.
"Vikings, dragons, Romans and mayhem cavort across the pages in their usual irreverent and hilarious style."—School Librarian
"Good jokes, funny drawings and dramatic scenes."—Daily Echo
"If you haven't discovered Hiccup yet, you're missing out on one of the greatest inventions of modern children's literature."—Julia Eccleshare, Guardian
"This book is great fun and has a Blackadderish sense of humour... full of the sort of jokes that will make schoolboys snigger."—Nicolette Jones, The Sunday Times
"How to Train Your Dragon is a delightful narrative caper... It offers a challenging read to 11-year-olds, and rewards reading aloud, especially for those who relish an element of theatre at story time."—Lindsey Fraser, Sunday Herald
"Raucous and slapstick...liberally illustrated with [Cressida Cowell's] riotous drawings, notes and maps."—The Financial Times
"[Cressida Cowell] puts a contemporary spin on the old brains over brawn moral and brings the story to a climax with a thrilling dragon duel. Lots for lots of different readers to enjoy."—Books for Keeps