This website will display the millions of books available to order from us online.
It does not necessarily represent the current inventory at our physical store.
If you'd like to know if a particular title is on hand at our store, please call us. Thank you!
PLEASE NOTE: Timely arrival for orders shipped for the holidays will depend upon warehouse availability, the shipping method chosen, carrier reliability, and the weather. Although we cannot assume responsibility for shipping issues, we recommend placing these orders by FRIDAY, DECEMBER 13TH, unless availibility is limited to a secondary warehouse, in which case we recommend placing more these remotely fulfilled orders by WEDNESDAY, DECEMBER 11TH. Seasons Greetings!
How to Train Your Dragon (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the How to Train Your Dragon series.
- #2: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Be a Pirate (Paperback): $8.99
- #3: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Speak Dragonese (Paperback): $8.99
- #4: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Cheat a Dragon's Curse (Paperback): $8.99
- #5: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Twist a Dragon's Tale (Hardcover): $14.99
- #6: How to Train Your Dragon: A Hero's Guide to Deadly Dragons (Hardcover): $14.99
- #7: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Ride a Dragon's Storm (Paperback): $8.99
- #8: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Break a Dragon's Heart (Paperback): $8.99
- #9: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Steal a Dragon's Sword (Hardcover): $12.99
- #10: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Seize a Dragon's Jewel (Paperback): $8.99
- #11: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Betray a Dragon's Hero (Paperback): $8.99
- #12: How to Train Your Dragon: How to Fight a Dragon's Fury (Hardcover): $14.99
Read the New York Times bestselling book that inspired the hit movies!
Hiccup Horrendous Haddock III, the quiet and thoughtful son of the Chief of the Hairy Hooligans, tries to pass the important initiation test of his Viking clan by catching and training a dragon. Can Hiccup do it without being torn limb from limb?
Join his adventures and misadventures as he finds a new way to train dragons--and becomes a hero. This action-packed, hilarious, and perfectly illustrated novel is a modern classic beloved by millions across the globe.
About the Author
Cressida Cowell lives in London. She is the author of several picture books including, What Shall We Do With the Boo Hoo Baby?, Little Bo Peep's Library Book and Don't Do That, Kitty Killroy!--and the author of the New York Times bestselling How to Train your dragon series, which inspired the hit movie, as well as of The Wizards of Once.
"A narrative rich in dragon muck... genuinely fierce [and] intelligent."—Kirkus
"...This is a goofy and exciting tale of an underdog who proves that brains can be just as important as brawn. Kids will hoot at the ridiculous names and sympathize with Hiccup's exasperation with his truly obstinate but strangely lovable dragon. A delightful read."—School Library Journal
"This hilarious farce will appeal to heroic fiction fans."—Booklist