This website will display the millions of books available to order from us online.
It does not necessarily represent the current inventory at our physical store.
If you'd like to know if a particular title is on hand at our store, please call us. Thank you!
A Spell for Chameleon (Xanth #1) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Xanth series.
- #2: Source of Magic (Xanth #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Castle Roogna (Xanth #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Centaur Aisle (Xanth #4) (Mass Market):
- #5: Ogre, Ogre (Xanth #5) (Mass Market):
- #6: Night Mare (Xanth #6) (Mass Market):
- #7: Dragon on a Pedestal (Xanth #7) (Mass Market):
- #8: Crewel Lye (Xanth #8) (Mass Market):
- #9: Golem in the Gears (Xanth #9) (Mass Market):
- #11: Heaven Cent (Xanth #11) (Paperback): $18.99
- #13: Xanth 13: Isle of View (Mass Market):
- #14: Xanth 14: Question Quest (Mass Market):
- #15: Xanth 15: The Color of Her Panties (Mass Market):
- #17: Harpy Thyme (Xanth #17) (Paperback): $22.99
- #24: The Dastard (Xanth #24) (Paperback): $20.99
- #27: Cube Route (Xanth #27) (Paperback): $18.99
- #28: Currant Events (Xanth #28) (Mass Market):
- #30: Stork Naked: A Tale in the Land of Xanth (Mass Market):
- #31: Air Apparent (Xanth #31) (Paperback): $17.99
- #32: Two to the Fifth: An Adventure in the Land of Xanth (Paperback): $20.99
- #33: Jumper Cable: A Tale in the Land of Xanth (Mass Market):
- #34: Knot Gneiss: An Astonishing, Wildly Witty Xanth Adventure (Paperback): $18.99
- #35: Well-Tempered Clavicle (Xanth #35) (Paperback): $17.99
- #37: Esrever Doom (Hardcover):
- #38: Board Stiff (Xanth Novels #38) (Paperback): $19.99
- #39: Five Portraits (Xanth Novels #39) (Paperback): $19.99
- #40: Isis Orb (Xanth Novels #40) (Paperback): $19.99
- #41: Ghost Writer in the Sky (Xanth Novels #41) (Hardcover): $31.99
- #42: Fire Sail (Xanth Novels #42) (Hardcover): $34.99
- #43: Jest Right (Xanth Novels #43) (Paperback): $16.99
BEST NOVEL OF THE YEAR, BRITISH FANTASY SOCIETY • Discover the magical beginning of Piers Anthony’s enthralling Xanth series
Xanth was the enchanted land where magic ruled—where every citizen had a special spell only he could cast. It was a land of centaurs and dragons and basilisks.
For Bink of North Village, however, Xanth was no fairy tale. He alone had no magic. And unless he got some—and got some fast!—he would be exiled. Forever. But the Good Magician Humfrey was convinced that Bink did indeed have magic. In fact, both Beauregard the genie and the magic wall chart insisted that Bink had magic. Magic as powerful as any possessed by the King or by Good Magician Humfrey—or even by the Evil Magician Trent.
Be that as it may, no one could fathom the nature of Bink’s very special magic. Bink was in despair. This was even worse than having no magic at all . . . and he would still be exiled!
Thus begins Piers Anthony’s enthralling Xanth series. . . .
About the Author
Piers Anthony, sometimes called Pier Xanthony, is the pseudonym of a Mundane character who was born in England in 1934, came to America in 1940, was naturalized in 1958, and moved to Xanth in 1977. His first story was published in 1963, and his first novel, Chthon, in 1967. His first Xanth novel, A Spell for Chameleon, won the August Derleth Fantasy Award as the best novel for 1977, and his fantasy novels began placing on the New York Times bestseller list with Ogre, Ogre. He shifted from writing in pencil to writing on the computer, and Golem in the Gears was his first novel created on the machine; naturally, the computer found its way into Xanth.