I Miss You: A First Look at Death (A First Look at…Series) (Paperback)
This website will display the millions of books available to order from us online. It does not necessarily represent the current inventory at our physical store. If you'd like to know if a particular title is on hand at our store, please contact us. Thank you!
Email or call for price.
When a close friend or family member dies, it can be sad for kids and difficult for them to express the big feelings they are experiencing. This book will help explain in a gentle way that death is a natural complement to life and that grief and a sense of loss are normal feelings to have following the death of a loved one.
Parents, teachers, and gift givers will find:
- language that is simple, direct, and easy for young children to understand
- a helpful tool for coping with loss and grief
- a book about bereavement written by a psychotherapist and counselor
- a whole series of books for children to explore mental health and emotional issues
The A First Look At series promotes positive interaction among children, parents, and teachers, and encourages kids to ask questions and confront difficult social and emotional questions. Books feature appealing full-color illustrations on every page plus a page of advice to parents and teachers.
What parents and educators are saying:
- I highly recommend this book for anyone struggling with how to help their children deal with their grief.
- The book did a wonderful job of presenting the facts about life and death, as well as explaining, and therefore preparing her for, the funeral and memorial service we attended.
- There are good questions towards the end that can help to get little ones talking about how they are feeling.
- This little book was a great and gentle way to introduce death and feelings associated with loss to my almost 4-year-old son. I recommend it.