On the Playground: Our First Talk about Prejudice (World Around Us #4) (Hardcover)
This website will display the millions of books available to order from us online. It does not necessarily represent the current inventory at our physical store. If you'd like to know if a particular title is on hand at our store, please contact us. Thank you!
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the World Around Us series.
- #1: On Our Street: Our First Talk about Poverty (World Around Us #1) (Hardcover):
- #2: On the News: Our First Talk about Tragedy (World Around Us #2) (Hardcover): $19.95
- #3: On the Internet: Our First Talk about Online Safety (World Around Us #3) (Hardcover): $19.95
- #5: Under Our Clothes: Our First Talk about Our Bodies (World Around Us #5) (Hardcover): $19.95
- #6: On Our Nature Walk: Our First Talk about Our Impact on the Environment (World Around Us #6) (Hardcover): $19.95
On the Playground: Our First Talk About Prejudice focuses on introducing children to the complex topic of prejudice.
Crafted around a narrative between a grade-school-aged child and an adult, this inquiry-focused book will help children shape their understanding of diversity so they are better prepared to understand, and question, prejudice witnessed around them in their day-to-day lives and in the media. Dr. Jillian Roberts discusses types of discrimination children notice, what prejudice means, why it's not okay, how to stand up against it and how kids can spread a message of inclusion and acceptance in the world around them.