Franklin Delano Roosevelt for Kids: His Life and Times with 21 Activities (For Kids series #24) (Paperback)
This website will display the millions of books available to order from us online. It does not necessarily represent the current inventory at our physical store. If you'd like to know if a particular title is on hand at our store, please contact us. Thank you!
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 24 in the For Kids series series.
- #2: World War II for Kids: A History with 21 Activities (For Kids series #2) (Paperback): $18.99
- #12: American Folk Art for Kids: With 21 Activities (For Kids series #12) (Paperback): $16.95
- #13: Archaeology for Kids: Uncovering the Mysteries of Our Past, 25 Activities (For Kids series #13) (Paperback): $19.99
- #17: Galileo for Kids: His Life and Ideas, 25 Activities (For Kids series #17) (Paperback): $18.95
- #20: Our Supreme Court: A History with 14 Activities (For Kids series #20) (Paperback): $18.95
- #36: Charting the World: Geography and Maps from Cave Paintings to GPS with 21 Activities (For Kids series #36) (Paperback): $18.95
- #44: New York City History for Kids: From New Amsterdam to the Big Apple with 21 Activities (For Kids series #44) (Paperback): $18.99
- #53: Baseball History for Kids: America at Bat from 1900 to Today, with 19 Activities (For Kids series #53) (Paperback): $16.95
- #58: Washington, DC, History for Kids: The Making of a Capital City, with 21 Activities (For Kids series #58) (Paperback): $16.99
- #67: Boston History for Kids: From Red Coats to Red Sox, with 21 Activities (For Kids series #67) (Paperback): $16.99
Franklin Delano Roosevelt’s enduring legacy upon the history, culture, politics, and economics of the United States is introduced to children in this engaging activity book. Kids will learn how FDR, a member of one of the founding families of the New World, led the nation through the darkest days of the Great Depression and World War II as 32nd U.S. President. This book examines the Roosevelt family—including famous cousin Teddy Roosevelt and First Lady Eleanor Roosevelt—as well as FDR’s early political career and subsequent 12 years in office during some of the most fascinating and turbulent times in American history. Interspersed throughout are first-hand accounts from the people who knew FDR and remember him well. Children will also learn how his personal struggles with polio and his physical disability strengthened FDR's compassion and resolve. In addition, kids will explore Roosevelt's entire era through such hands-on activities as staging a fireside chat, designing a WPA-style mural, sending a double encoded message, hosting a swing dance party, and participating in a political debate.
About the Author
Richard Panchyk is the author of American Folk Art for Kids, Archaeology for Kids, Galileo for Kids, Keys to American History, Our Supreme Court, and World War II for Kids, and the coauthor of Engineering the City.
"Information about the Roosevelts [is] presented in a lively, engaging manner. A worthy addition." —School Library Journal
"This informative, readable book . . . includes many period photos, a time line, a bibliography, and an annotated list of virtual and actual sites where readers can find out more." —Booklist
"Brings President Roosevelt’s spirit to life." —Curriculum Review
"A first-rate look at one of America's greatest presidents." —inlandempirefamily.com