Boston History for Kids: From Red Coats to Red Sox, with 21 Activities (For Kids series #67) (Paperback)
This website will display the millions of books available to order from us online. It does not necessarily represent the current inventory at our physical store. If you'd like to know if a particular title is on hand at our store, please contact us. Thank you!
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 67 in the For Kids series series.
- #2: World War II for Kids: A History with 21 Activities (For Kids series #2) (Paperback): $18.99
- #12: American Folk Art for Kids: With 21 Activities (For Kids series #12) (Paperback): $16.95
- #13: Archaeology for Kids: Uncovering the Mysteries of Our Past, 25 Activities (For Kids series #13) (Paperback): $19.99
- #17: Galileo for Kids: His Life and Ideas, 25 Activities (For Kids series #17) (Paperback): $18.95
- #20: Our Supreme Court: A History with 14 Activities (For Kids series #20) (Paperback): $18.95
- #24: Franklin Delano Roosevelt for Kids: His Life and Times with 21 Activities (For Kids series #24) (Paperback): $14.95
- #36: Charting the World: Geography and Maps from Cave Paintings to GPS with 21 Activities (For Kids series #36) (Paperback): $18.95
- #44: New York City History for Kids: From New Amsterdam to the Big Apple with 21 Activities (For Kids series #44) (Paperback): $18.99
- #53: Baseball History for Kids: America at Bat from 1900 to Today, with 19 Activities (For Kids series #53) (Paperback): $16.95
- #58: Washington, DC, History for Kids: The Making of a Capital City, with 21 Activities (For Kids series #58) (Paperback): $16.99
Few American cities are as steeped in history as Boston. Starting with its Native American and Puritan roots, through its pivotal role in the Revolutionary War and its many contributions to art and literature, Boston has earned its reputation as a modern, cultural metropolis. This mix of old and new makes Boston a fascinating place to learn about and explore.
Boston History for Kids spans 400 years of history, covering many of the major events that have occurred, from witch hunts to an unexpected earthquake, from the Tea Party to the Great Fire, from the Civil War to the Boston Marathon attack. Author Richard Panchyk chronicles the lives of Bostonians both famous and infamous—and many colorful characters that readers may not yet know.
This lively history also includes a time line, a list of online resources, and 21 engaging hands-on activities to better appreciate this Massachusetts city. Kids will:
- Take a tour along the Freedom Trail
- Write a poem in the style of Ralph Waldo Emerson
- Create a nautical chart like those of Boston Harbor
- Bake a Boston cream pie
- Design a museum display of historic items
- Draw the facade of a Federal style mansion
- And more!
About the Author
Richard Panchyk is the author of New York City History for Kids, Baseball History for Kids, and World War II for Kids. Michael Dukakis served three terms as governor of Massachusetts and was the 1988 Democratic nominee for president.
"A very special, historical experience for students, absorbing them with imaginative, hands on activities as they learn about the realities of boisterous Boston and its large slice of American history. You don't have to be a Red Sox fan to love this gripping and illustrative narrative of real life. Better than any tourist booklet, Boston History for Kids, by Richard Panchyk, will entice you to visit Bean Town and its memorable allures" - Ralph Nader