Change (Pride In ...) (Hardcover)
This website will display the millions of books available to order from us online. It does not necessarily represent the current inventory at our physical store. If you'd like to know if a particular title is on hand at our store, please contact us. Thank you!
Sometimes being who you are can be a hard thing to do. Learn about people from across the LGBTQIA+ community who celebrate who they are and never stop fighting for what they believe in. No matter who you are, inside or out, this book is here to teach you that you can be proud of who you are.
- Teaches all children to be inclusive and accepting of everyone by celebrating uniqueness and individuality
- A great series to teach children about famous people and history from a different angle to other biography books
- A great addition to a library for providing children with positive role models from the LGBTQIA+ community
- A great book for children who might be questioning their gender and identity
- A great support tool for children who might not have supportive people in their lives to talk to about gender and identity
About the Author
Emilie Dufresne is a French-Canadian writer and poet, running poetry workshops for all ages. Emilie graduated from the University of Kent with a BA in English and American Literature and Creative Writing, and an MA in The Contemporary. She has published a poetry collection and is looking forward to expanding her writing repertoire into children’s nonfiction.
“Boldly colored…the range of profiles is inclusive, and young readers may meet previously unknown visionaries in these pages.” —Publishers Weekly
“The variety of LGBTQIA+ identities represented including people of different abilities and races—in each collection is impressive…A welcome (and welcoming) series.” —Booklist
“an easy-to-read introduction for those who want to learn more about the LGBTQIA+ community and being an ally — regardless of age.” —Wrapped in Foil